Disputes can arise in a number of situations including:
- Boundary disputes
- Party walls
- Hedges and trees
- Responsibility for fences
There are many ways to try to resolve a dispute. You can for example:
- Talk to your neighbour. If this is not possible, you could write to them
- If your neighbour is a tenant, you could contact their landlord or letting agent
- Use a mediation service
- If it is a ‘statutory nuisance’, complain to your Local Council
- Call the police if the dispute involves threatening behaviour, harassment or law breaking
- If all else fails, we can advise you whether you can take further legal action.
If you are unsure of your rights or what to do, call us on 01442 216755 or email us to arrange an appointment. We offer a fixed fee 30 minute appointment of £100 plus Vat to discuss your case.