Robert Watson LLB (Hons)
Robert has been the Principal of the Practice since 2008. Robert qualified as a Solicitor in January 1998. He is responsible for the overall management of the Practice as well as specialising in matters relating to children and families including, care; emergency injunctions; private law; child abduction; Wills / Probate and Working with the Elderly.
Robert is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly, a qualified Mediator and a member of The Law Society Children Panel and has many years experience of complex and varied aspects of Family Law. As a qualified mediator, Robert can assist parties reach agreement on family and other matters in a sensitive, caring and professional manner.
Robert is focussed on developing the Practice to meet the needs of clients in the ever changing legal World.
Robert's interests include travel, (particularly to France), tinkering with old machinery and anything military.
"The law and people's needs are constantly changing. We have to meet those changes face on. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change".
(Author unknown, commonly misattributed to Charles Darwin)
Laura Tidbury BA (Hons).
Laura has over twenty years’ experience as a specialist family law solicitor. Laura specialises in:
Financial disputes following the breakdown of a relationship;
- Children Law proceedings;
- Prenuptial, Cohabitation and Separation Agreements;
- Change of Name Deeds;
- Parental Responsibility Agreements;
- Statutory Declarations.
Laura is a member of the Law Society Advanced Family Law Panel and as a member of Resolution she is a firm believer in seeking to resolve each case as quickly and amicably as possible.
Laura’s advice is clear and succinct and she always tries to avoid legal action. However, if issuing an application at Court is necessary, Laura is an experienced litigator.
Laura’s approach is to be both supportive and understanding but to act swiftly to be cost effective.
"As with any relationship, be it personal or professional, honesty and openness is the key to success. Clients need to know the likely outcome of their case, good or bad and part of my role, as their solicitor, is to evaluate their case to be able to give them that advice. I believe that you should be honest and say it as it is without beating around the bush".
Reena Vadera LLB (Hons)
Member of the Bar Council
Reena is a specialist family lawyer having been called to the Bar in 2000 and later being admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2004.Reena is a family litigator and advocate, thereby providing continuity of representation to clients throughout.
Reena specialises in matters concerning:
- Care Proceedings;
- Local Authority involvement with families;
- Special Guardianship applications;
- Reena also specialises in Wills
- Reena has successfully acted for parents in a number of cases opposing the Local Authority plans for removal of the children.
- Acted on a complex and hostile £1.5 million Schedule 1 Financial Provision and Residence application over a period of 5 years. Dealing with a volatile litigant in person and McKenzie friend. Successfully advised client on Final Hearing and Appeal Hearing. Obtained Order with full costs.
- Acted on highly complex cases dealing with allegations of sexual abuse; child sexual exploitation, chronic neglect; physical & mental disabilities; fabricated induced illness.
Office and Finance Manager
PA to Reena Vadera
PA to Rob Watson